Education in Germany offers a remarkable opportunity as it is entirely tuition-free. Scholarships for international students are now open for various degree programs in German universities.
These scholarships are designed to assist students in pursuing their education without the need for an IELTS exam.
Instead, applicants can provide alternative proof of English language proficiency, such as a letter from their previous college.
These scholarships encompass a wide range of financial needs, including living expenses, accommodation, and health coverage, making them accessible for undergraduate, master’s, diploma, vocational training, and Ph.D. programs.
Some of the German scholarships available to international students without requiring IELTS:
- University of Berlin Scholarships: The University of Berlin offers scholarships to students of all nationalities. Tuition fees are waived, making it a highly competitive choice with a 15% acceptance rate. The scholarship’s minimum duration is two semesters, and the application process can be completed online on the university’s website.
- Bauhaus University Weimar International Presidents Scholarships: This scholarship provides recipients with up to 450 Euros per month for 12 months. Eligible programs include Civil Engineering, Material Science, Computer Science, Media Design, Fine Art, and more.
- Friedrich Ebert Stiftung Scholarships: These scholarships aim to support financially disadvantaged students in achieving their educational goals. Awardees receive a monthly stipend of 744 Euros, along with study costs of 300 Euros. Additional benefits include medical insurance and family allowances.
- IU Germany’s Largest Scholarship Program: IU International University offers scholarships of up to 80% to students without requiring IELTS. This collaboration with the University of London’s South Bank allows students to pursue a double degree from both institutions simultaneously.
- Heinrich Boll Foundation Scholarships: Through the DAAD foundation, this scholarship awards up to 1,200 scholarships to local and international students pursuing undergraduate, master’s, and Ph.D. programs. It provides a monthly stipend of $713, along with a $300 book allowance. Non-EU students receive an additional $934.
- SBW Berlin Scholarships: Aimed at financially challenged students pursuing master’s and bachelor’s degrees, these scholarships cover all financial needs, including tuition fees, living expenses, accommodation, travel, and monthly allowances.
- DAAD Research Grants for Ph.D.: Funded by the DAAD foundation, this scholarship supports graduate and doctoral students. Graduates receive a monthly stipend of 861 Euros, while Ph.D. students receive 1,200 Euros, along with health and travel insurance.
These scholarships provide valuable opportunities for international students to pursue their education in Germany without the added burden of an IELTS exam.