Following the unveiling by National Universities Commission (NUC) of the list of fake universities in Nigeria, which includes universities operating satellite campuses and study centres across the country, STUDY ABROAD CONGRESS has published the comprehensive list.
Executive Secretary of the Commission, Abubakar Rasheed says that all the illegal and fake universities in Nigeria award certificates, making the matter worse.
He revealed that the NUC is addressing the situation headlong to discourage the illegality and ensure that reputation of tertiary education in the county is not compromised or damaged.
The commission said the universities are yet to be licensed by the federal government and have been shut down for violating the national minimum standard for education.
“The commission is taking concrete steps through inter-agencies collaboration to tackle the untoward development headlong, especially by mass sensitisation of unsuspecting patrons through periodic publication list of such ‘Degree Mills’.”
Full List Of Top 68 Illegal and Fake Universities In Nigeria 2022
The National Universities Commission (NUC) gave the full list of fake universities in Nigeria as follows. The commission says the list includes names of those who claim to be affiliates of foreign universities in the country. In the full list below, institutions that have ‘other campuses’ are indicated with “others”; those ‘operating anywhere in Nigeria’ have “anywhere” as suffix.
1. University of Accountancy and Management Studies
2. Christians of Charity American University of Science and Technology, Nkpor, Anambra (& others)
3. University of Industry, Yaba, Lagos (& others)
4. University of Applied Sciences and Management, Port Novo, Republic of Benin (& others)
5. Blacksmith University, Awka (& others)
6. Volta University College, Volta Region, Ghana (& others)
7. Royal University, Izhia in Abakaliki, Ebonyi (& others)
8. Atlanta University, Anyigba, Kogi (& others)
9. United Christian University, Macotis campus, Imo (& others)
10. United Nigeria University College, Okija Anambra (& others)
11. Samuel Ahmadu University, Makurdi, Benue (& others)
12. UNESCO University, Ndoni, Rivers (& others)
13. Saint Augustine’s University of Technology, Jos, Plateau (& others)
14. The International University, Missouri USA, Kano and Lagos (& others)
15. Collumbus University, UK (anywhere)
16. Tiu International University, UK (anywhere)
17. Pebbles University, UK (anywhere)
18. London External Studies, UK (anywhere)
19. Pilgrims University (anywhere)
20. Lobi Business School, Makurdi, Benue (& others)
21. West African Christian University (anywhere)
22. Bolta University College, Aba (& others)
23. JBC Seminary Inc. (Wukari Jubilee University) – Kaduna illegal campus
24. Western University, Esie, Kwara (& others)
25. St. Andrews University College, Abuja (& others)
26. EC-Council USA, Ikeja, Lagos Study Centre
27. Atlas University, Ikot Udoso Uko in Uyo, Akwa Ibom (& others)
28. Concept College/Universities (London) Ilorin (& others)
29. Halifax Gateway University, Ikeja (& others)
30. Kingdom of Christ University, Abuja (& others)
31. Acada University, Akinlalu, Oyo (& others)
32. Filfom University, Mbaise, Imo (& others)
33. Houdegbe North American University campuses in Nigeria
34. Atlantic Intercontinental University, Okija, Anambra
35. Open International University, Akure
36. Middle Belt University (North Central University) Otukpo
37. Lead Way University, Ugheli, Delta
38. Metro University, Dutse/Bwari Abuja
39. Southend University, Ngwuro Egeru (Afam) Ndoki, Rivers
40. Olympic University, Nsukka, Enugu
41. Federal College of Complementary and Alternative Medicine, Abuja
42. Temple University, Abuja
43. Irish University Business School, London (anywhere)
44. National University of Technology, Lafia, Nasarawa
45. University of Accountancy and Management Studies, Mowe
46. University of Education, Wenneba, Ghana (anywhere)
47. Cape Coast University, Ghana (anywhere)
48. African University Cooperative Development (AUCD) Cotonou, Benin Republic
49. Pacific Western University, Denver – Colorado, Owerri
50. Evangel University of America and Chudick Management Academic, Lagos
51. Enugu State University of Science and Technology (Gboko campus)
52. Career Light Resources Centre, Jos.
53. University of West Africa, Kwali, Abuja
54. Coastal University, Iba Oku, Akwa Ibom
55. Kaduna Business School, Kaduna
56. Royal University of Theology, Minna, Niger
57. West African Union University, in collaboration with International Professional College of Administration, Science and Technology (anywhere)
58. Gospel Missionary Foundation (GMF), Theological University, Egbe Ikotun, Lagos
The NUC confirmed that other fake universities in Nigeria listed below are undergoing further investigations/court actions in a bid to prosecute the proprietors and recover illegal fees/charges. The others include:
59. National University of Nigeria, Keffi, Nasarawa
60. North Central University, Otukpo, Benue
61. Christ Alive Christian Seminary and University, Enugu
62. Richmond Open University, Arochukwu, Abia
63. West Coast University, Umuahia
64. Saint Clements University, Iyin Ekiti
65. Volta University College, Aba, Abia
66. Illegal Satellite Campuses of Ambrose Alli University
67. L.I.F.E. Leadership University, Benin, Edo
The following 3 fake universities in Nigeria are part of those flagged by NJ Job Alerts as part of the list of worst rated universities in Nigeria, either because they haven’t been accredited by NUC or a number of their courses are still not accredited by the commission.
68. University of Maiduguri Centre for Distance Learning
69. Evangel University Akaeze, Ebonyi State
70. Eastern Palm University, Imo State
“For the avoidance of doubt, anybody who patronises or obtains any certificate from any of these illegal, fake universities in Nigeria does so at his or her own risk,” the publication reads.
According to the publication, certificates obtained from these fake universities in Nigeria will not be recognised for the purposes of National Youth Service Corps (NYSC), employment and further studies.
The commission said the relevant law enforcement agencies have been informed for necessary action.
Meanwhile, the NUC Director of information and Public relation, Ibrahim Yakasai, says the commission has not relented in its effort to shut every illegal institution in the country
According to Mr Yakasai, “we continued publishing the lists so that the illegal universities don’t resurface. If we stop publishing their names, they could move to other part of the country and start operating because at some point, they were moving.
Tel: +234 0915 382 1578